A local court in Madhya Pradesh on Wednesday rejected a plea filed by the family of a 33-year-old Noida woman seeking a second autopsy in her death case, dealing a setback to relatives who have alleged foul play and raised questions over the initial investigation. However, the court directed authorities to preserve the woman’s body, offering partial relief to the family as they prepare to challenge the decision in the high court.
The woman was found dead at her marital home in Bhopal just five months after marrying into a prominent legal family, a case that has sparked allegations of harassment, dowry pressure and suspicious circumstances surrounding her death.
During the hearing, Judge Anudita Sharma declined the family’s request for a fresh post-mortem examination but instructed Katara Hills police to ensure that the body is preserved at a mortuary facility within the state that has the necessary infrastructure. The order came after concerns were raised about the body beginning to decompose.
Police informed the court that medical experts at AIIMS Bhopal had flagged deterioration in the body’s condition. Town Inspector Sunil Dubey referred to a communication from the Forensic Medicine department stating that while the body was being stored in a freezer at minus 4°C, a minus 80°C ultra-low temperature freezer would be required to prevent further decomposition. AIIMS Bhopal reportedly does not have such a facility, prompting police to urge the family to take custody of the body.
The victim’s family, however, strongly opposed the move, arguing that doing so could compromise crucial evidence in a case they believe involves suspicious circumstances.
Representing the family, advocate Anurag Shrivastava alleged in court that there were serious discrepancies in the case that warranted deeper scrutiny. He pointed to CCTV footage reportedly carrying a date stamp of May 10, even though the woman was said to have died on May 12. According to the family’s lawyer, this discrepancy raised questions about possible abuse or brutality that may have occurred before her death.
Shrivastava also accused the police and local administration of attempting to destroy evidence by pressuring the family to take custody of the body despite pending concerns over the circumstances of death. Following the court’s ruling, he said the family would approach the Madhya Pradesh High Court seeking a second autopsy and further investigation.
The woman’s relatives have alleged that she had been subjected to mental harassment, abuse and pressure related to dowry demands by her husband and in-laws after marriage. They also questioned delays in police action, claiming that the FIR in the case was registered three days after her death.
The family had approached the local court citing alleged flaws in the investigation and seeking a fresh post-mortem examination to ensure that no evidence was overlooked.
The case continues to draw attention as the woman’s family presses for further legal intervention, insisting that a more thorough investigation is necessary to establish the circumstances surrounding her death.






India










